Fueled and Fabulous
A Short Story (fiction-based informational guide)
Author: Julie Granger PT, DPT, SCS, WHC
A story-based, age-appropriate reference and resource guide for active girls and teens (Recommended ages 12+).
For 'tweens and teens (and those who care about them).
Navigating the ‘tween and teen years as a girl is not easy. There is so much expected of her at school, sports, with friendships, and she is expected to do it all perfectly while pleasing others and keeping a smile on her face. And most of the time, she does an amazing job!
What can slip through the cracks amidst all of this sparkling success is her health, her happiness, and her ability to take ownership of what’s most important to her. She may feel like she’s at a constant battle with herself and her parents, coaches, and friends over things like meals, snacks, bedtime routines, socializing with friends, staying healthy and not getting sick, and keeping herself afloat at school and at sports.
This book provides the story of young teens Nicola, Jamie, and Ashley as they navigate the challenging waters of their freshman year, each with their own unique challenges. Jamie and Nicole have injuries. Nicola has a mysterious challenge with her periods. Ashley seems to be doing everything right. They all worry about what their friends think of them, what they look like, and how they will fit into a bathing suit. Even Jamie’s mom has her own set of worries. The girls are fortunate to meet with a brilliant medical provider, Dr. Cherry, who helps them gather a team of coaches and experts and learn the best ways to nourish and fuel themselves for their busy and successful lives.
Health and wellness topics covered include:
- Nourishment for sports & health: what’s the best way to fuel up for optimal performance in sports and life?
- Menstrual cycle secrets: what’s the relationship between them, sports, and optimal health?
- Injury and illness prevention: how can a girl learn to keep herself healthy while being busy with life and sports?
- Empowerment in relationships: how can a girl learn to speak up for herself and state her needs to the adults in her life?
This book provides an age-appropriate, relatable, fun, and girl-friendly story to guide girls through many common challenges they face as active athletes and dedicated students. It is written by Dr. Julie Granger, girl athlete expert, health & life coach & physical therapist, who finds joy in empowering girls to own their health and lives and maximize their adventure, creativity, joy, and success.
Included in the book is the Female Athlete’s Cycle Cheat Sheet.
USER NOTES FOR OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE:
- All electronic products of the PRISM Store are e-books designed to be used and viewed in electronic format only. They are unable to be printed due to copyright and intellectual property regulations.
- Downloads are limited to two downloads per purchase per user (one for girl, one for parent or guardian).
- Please ensure you safely store the downloaded files in a place where you will be able to find it again.
- All documents are password protected for use. The password will be sent to you in the confirmation email.
- Please ensure you correctly enter the email address to which you would like to view the file.
- We recommend electronic products be viewed on a tablet or laptop. As these files are large, be sure to free up space on your computer or tablet to allow for unhindered downloads. Most smart phones do not have enough space to download the document. We recommend that you have at a minimum 21 MB of free space on whichever drive to which you are downloading your items. Without enough free space, it is likely that the file(s) will not download.
- Electronic documents are all distributed in PDF format and are best viewed using the most updated Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader. Please ensure you have the latest version on your device prior to download. You can get the latest version of Adobe software here.
All information provided within this publication is for informational and educational purposes only, and should not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this book. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding you or your child’s health and well-being or on any opinions expressed within this publication. The information provided in this publication is believed to be accurate based on the most current research and best judgment of the author. However, you as the reader must be responsible for consulting with your own health professional on matters raised within. Julie Granger PT, DPT, SCS or Performance Rehabilitation & Integrative Sports Medicine, LLC will not be held responsible for the actions or consequential results of any action taken by any reader.
© 2018 Julie Granger; this publication may not be reproduced in part or in whole in any form without express written consent of the author.
Fueled and Fabulous (E-book)
File format: PDF (e-book, download)
File size: 26.2 MB
Recommended for ages 10+